Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

DIY - Hair Chain

Hey guys,

Sorry, I know I have been doing so many DIYS, but since I am still on holiday from school I decided to take advantage and make a bunch of stuff I have been wanted to make.


I love hair chains, but like this one from Urban Outfitters, but for about $3 bucks I can make my own!
Luckily, I already owned the tools you will need. Here is what you will need to make your own:

  • Chain of any color, I choose a kind of white gold color.
  • Jump rings, just make sure they can go through the chain of your choice.
  • Jump nose pliers and wire cutters.


These are the tools I used. I felt like I needed an other pliers to work with the jump rings.


First take the chain and wrap around your head. Cut the length of chain you need and attach with a jump ring. I used a double jump ring for the back, but you could use a regular one. 




So the next step is to cut a length of chain to go over your head like so. Attach to the first jump hoop and add a new jump to the middle of the front. I recommend when attaching this piece to the back jump hoop to take out the outer chain and put the middle piece in, then replace the outer chain so you don't have a tangled mess. I hope this makes sense! You can stop here if you like.



I decided to add another looser chain later underneath the current circle. Just measure out one side, cut it and cut an identical piece and attach them to the two jump hoops. I know I am not explaining much, but I hope its not rocket science for you!



Let me know how it goes!

13 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea!

    Kisses, Lucy :)
    stylewithoutlimits.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these!
    Where do you find the chain to make it? Would they have it at the craft store?

    <3 Liz @ http://www.imwildcat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bought mine at a craft store but I heard some Walmarts carry sets with the jump chains for cheaper!

      Delete
  3. Love the chain! Btw I found your blog on lookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Here from Lookbook also! Followed!

    predicttheday.blogspot.co.uk

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! Great DIY.

    tulip-agate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will definitely make this one during our semestral break! :) Can't wait!

    Xx, Trish of trishcaning.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete