Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

DIY Embellished Sweatshirt

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been posted much.
School has really gotten in the way and my blog hasn't seen much love.

So here's a little throwback from the winter!

In the States, cheap sweatshirts are everywhere. Every-time they are on sale at places like Walmart or Target I just cannot pass them up. $2 bucks for a Hanes super soft sweatshirt?! YEAH ILL BUY IT.

Only problem is - I have so many. And I love to wear them in the winter, but they are so boring... and I look like I didn't even try. The Solution? An easy DIY thats cheap, cute and only requires a little bit of sewing knowledge.

All you need is a needle and thread, sew-able (with holes) acrylic gems, and a sweatshirt! Just sew on any design you want! Here are some pictures of my process. I just did a simple design around the collar...its not every symmetrical - but who cares! its MY sweatshirt!






And the finished product, as shown on a picture from my Instagram! Follow me! @omglani




4 comments:

  1. Wow- that look amazing! Excellent job, I'd love to try this.

    I just found your blog and I love it, new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea, I've been wanting to do embellished sweatshirts for awhile now! If only I could muster up the energy to actually purchase some embellishments online...

    Daura
    www.snobaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great DIY! Hello my name is Juliet Ly and I have a blog called LillyRose: http://julietlyllillyrose.blogspot.com. I just wanted you to know I nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award. For more information check out my blog post: http://julietlyllillyrose.blogspot.com/2013/07/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lani, great blog! I should start getting crafty like this! Please follow me back http://rememberthenight-takeyourmark.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete